Do you want to apply for SASSA Child Support Grant and do you want to know what documents do you need for SASSA Child Support Grant application? Well, if you’ve been asking these questions, you’re on the right page.
Many parents or caregivers who want to apply for the South African Social Security Agency Child Support Grant usually want to know the required documents for SASSA Child Support grant application.
So, in this article, we’re going to discuss the documents needed for SASSA child support grant application.
We should, therefore, get started right away.
What Documents Do You Need For SASSA Child Support Grant Application?
Below are the documents you will need to be able to apply for SASSA Child Support Grant.
- South African Identification Documents of the child (with the 13-digit bar code in it)
- Birth Certificate of the child (In case these documents are not available, you can submit the following documents for the application)
- A complete affidavit in SASSA standard format in the presence fo a Commissionr of Oaths who is not a SASSA Official .
- Proof that the applicants has applied for an ID and or Birth Certificate at the Department of Home Affairs
- A temporary ID issued by the Department of Home Affairs
- The Child’s school report if applicable
- A sworn statement by well respected public leader or a reputable person including a Councilor, social worker, minister of religion who personally knows the applicant and the child, or a traditional leader
- Baptismal Certificate if availble
- Proof of child’s maintanance if any
- Proof of applicants income (may use payslip of 3 months)
- Marriage certificate if applicants is a couple
- A proof to right to have custody of the child (if divorced)
- A death certificate if one or both parents of the child is dead
These are all the documents required for SASSA Child Support Grant application.
You cannot complete the SASSA Child Support grant forms if you do not provide the required documents.universityonlineapplication.com
After having the documents, you and the child must both meet the SASSA Child Grant requirements.
We do recommend that you read What Are The Requirements For SASSA Child Support Grant? to know all the requirements both parent or caregiver and the child who is to be the beneficiary of the grant must meet.
Now that you know the documents you must have in order to be able to apply for the SASSA Child Grant, let us look at some of the frequently asked questions about the requirements for the SASSA Child Grant application.
Do You Have To Provide All Required Documents For SASSA Child Grant Application?
Yes, you are to provide all the documents required to be able to apply for the SASSA Child Support Grant but only those that are applicable.
This means you don’t have to provide documents that may not be applicable to you.
For example, you don’t have to provide a divorce certificate if you’re a couple and not divorced.
Again, you should know that the documents for SASSA Child Support Grant application are applicant’s specific. Meaning, you should only provide the documents when applicable to your situation.
Will SASSA Approve Your Child Support Grant Application If You Provide All Required Documents?
Yes, SASSA will approve your child support grant application if you provide the required documents.
The answer to what are the requirements for child support grant in South Africa is that the documents are to prove that you qualify for the grant.
Again, it is only SASSA who has the sole authority to either approve or decline your application for the child support grant.
How Do You Apply For SASSA Child Support Grant If You Have The Required Documents?
In order to get SASSA Child Support Grant, you’ll have to apply for the grant. However, you cannot apply online but at SASSA Offices.
You should read How To Apply For SASSA Child Support Grant? for the guide to apply successfully for the South African Social Security Agency Child Support Grant.
For personal inquiry, www.sassa.gov.za is the webpage for SASSA.
We do hope this article on what documents do you need for SASSA Child Support Grant application was helpful?
You can ask your question in the comment.