In this article, I will answer the question of why is my SASSA Child Support Grant application declined.
When you apply for the SASSA Child Support Grant, it might surprise you that your application will be declined.
But Does SASSA decline Child Support Grant applications for no reason? Absolutely not.
So, why does SASSA decline child support grant applications? This is what you’re going to learn below. We should, therefore, go straight to it.
Why Is My SASSA Child Support Grant Application Declined?
Your SASSA Child Support Grant application will be declined if you do not meet the grant’s requirements.
SASSA has specific application requirements for the primary caregiver of the child and the child itself.
Again, both the child and the primary caregiver must meet each of their respective application requirements for the Child Support Grant to be approved.
I have listed all the application requirements for the primary caregiver and the child in this article SASSA Child Grant Application Requirements for you to know all that you need before your Child Grant application will be approved.
Other Reasons Your Child Support Grant Will Be Declined.
As the primary caregiver of the child, your child support grant application will be declined if you fail to meet the following instructions.
- You are not the child’s primary caregiver (e.g. parent, grandparent, or a child over 16 heading a family). Note: If you are not the child’s parent, you must provide proof that you are the child’s primary caregiver through an affidavit from a police official, a social worker’s report, an affidavit from the biological parent, or a letter from the principal of the school attended by the child.
- You are not a South African citizen or permanent resident.
- You earn more than R52 800 per year if you are single. If you are married, your combined income should not be above R105 600 per year.
I do recommend that your read Why Is My SASSA Child Support Grant Suspended? for a detailed explanation if you were approved for the grant but got suspended.
Also, if the child in question does not meet the following instructions, your application for the grant will be declined.
- The child is not under the age of 18 years
- The child is cared for in a state institution
- The child does not live with the primary caregiver who is not paid to look after the child.
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) will decline your application for the child grant for the above mention reasons.
Why Does My SASSA Child Support Grant Application Says Declined?
Your SASSA Child Support Grant application says declined because you did not meet the grant’s requirements.
When you fail to meet the Child Support Grant application requirements, SASSA will decline your application.
In conclusion, when you’re applying for the child support grant, you must make sure you have followed the application instructions and also have the requirements.
You should also read
1 How To Apply For SASSA Child Support Grant?
2 Can I Apply For SASSA Child Support Grant Online?
So, if you wanted to know the answer to why is my SASSA child support grant application declined, then you now know the reason.
www.sassa.gov.za is the webpage for the Child Support Grant.
You can ask your question in the comment.