In this article, you’ll learn about UNISA masters degree in nursing, how to apply for masters degree in nursing at UNISA, the application requirements for masters degree in nursing at UNISA, etc.
Also, you’ll learn about the qualification code, qualification type, etc of the UNISA masters degree in nursing course.
So, let’s jump right to the topics.
UNISA Masters Degree In Nursing
Prospective applicants who want to apply for Master’s Degree in Nursing at the University of South Africa (UNISA) can apply now.
The UNISA master’s degree in nursing helps to equip nurses who have a diploma and or bachelor’s degree in nursing to get a postgraduate certificate in nursing; thus, a master’s degree.
UNISA Master Of Arts In Nursing Science
|Qualification type||Full Research|
UNISA Masters Degree In Nursing Application Requirements
- In order to get admission to study master’s degree in nursing at UNISA, you must have the appropriate bachelor’s honors degree or an appropriate diploma.
- You must be a professional nurse who completed a 4 year basic nursing degree program or, a professional nurse who completed a 4 year basic diploma program.
- You must have completed a 3 year basic nursing diploma with an additional qualification in a post basic field such as Nursing Education, Nursing Management, Community Nursing, or any clinical field.
- You should have obtained an average mark of at least 60% for the latest professional qualification
- In the absence of an honors degree or a postgraduate diploma the applicant will be required to complete a 1 year research methodology module at postgraduate level,l e.g. PPH4805 (Theory and Principles of Health Research) for NDP before he/she will be allowed to register for the research proposal module.
- You must submit a transcript or an academic record, as well as a document describing your intended research.
These are the requirements that you must have and be able to provide in order to qualify for study admission at the University of South Africa to study master’s in degree nursing.
We do recommend that you read How To Apply For Nursing At UNISA for the complete guide on the online application for nursing admission at UNISA.
Again, before you can apply for master’s degree in nursing at UNISA, you must have a UNISA student number.
You should read How To Apply For UNISA Student Number for the step-by-step guide.
If you have studied for a formal qualification at UNISA, you do not need to apply for a new student number.
How Do I Know I’m Accepted To Study Masters Degree In Nursing At UNISA?
You will have to check your application status. Tracking your UNISA application status is done online and the process is quite simple.
You should read How To Check UNISA Application Status
to know how to track your application for UNISA’s masters degree in nursing.
How Many Years Is Masters Of Arts In Nursing At UNISA?
The UNISA master’s degree in nursing as a structured research master’s degree program is completed within (3) three years of studies.
This is when you register for a 180-credit structured research master’s degree of which the Masters of Arts in Nursing Science is one of them.
In case you want to study for additional years, you’ll have to make an application to the Registrar for one additional year of study.
The Registrar will consult with the Executive Dean of the College in which the student is registered.
Is UNISA Master Degree In Nursing A Good Course?
Yes, the University of South Africa master’s of nursing is one of the best postgraduate certificates in nursing in South African universities’ nursing programs.
Are Students Required To Do Research Proposal?
Yes, a research master’s degree comprises a dissertation on an approved topic.
You will be expected to have a research proposal approved in the first year of study.
If you do not complete a research proposal in the first year of study, you will not be permitted to continue with the qualification.
You will also be excluded from applying for admission to the same college for a period of two years.
You should read also
We do hope this article on UNISA Masters Degree in Nursing was helpful.
You can ask your question in the comment.