You’re going to know the list of UNISA nursing courses 2023 available for the 2023 academic year.
Students who want to apply to the University of South Africa to study Nursing are to know the courses that they will study in order to get their nursing certificate or unisa nursing degree.
So, here is the list of nursing courses at UNISA, or University of South Africa Nursing Courses.
UNISA Nursing Courses
The University of South Africa (UNISA) Nursing courses are grouped into levels. The nursing program has three levels of courses that you’ll read under the Nursing program.
UNISA Nursing Courses First Level
Group A Compulsory modules
- CMH1501 – Comprehensive Primary Health Care I
- CMH1502 – Comprehensive Primary Health Care II
- CMH1503 – Health and the Environment
- ENG1503 – Academic Language and Literacy in English
- HMA1501 – Planning and Organising in Health Services Management
- HMA1502 – Leading and Control in Health Services Management
- HSE1501 – Contextualisation of Health Sciences Education
- HSE1502 – Principles of Health Sciences Education
UNISA Nursing Courses Second Level
Module pre-requisite/Co-requisite/RecommendationGroup A Compulsory modules
- CMH2601 – Community Health Practical
- CMH2602 – Health in Communities
- COM2603 – Intercultural, Development and Health Communication
- HMA2601 – Human Resource Management in Health Services
- HMA2602 – Labour Relations in Health Services
- HMA2603 – Health Services Management Practical
- HSE2601 – Education Management in Health Sciences
- HSE2602 – Teaching and Assessment in Health Sciences
- HSE2603 – Health Sciences Education: Practical
- NUD2601 – Nursing Dynamics
- PUB2604 – Welfare and Social Services
- RSC2601 – Research in Social Sciences
UNISA Nursing Courses Third Level
Group A Compulsory modules
- CMH3701 – Basic Epidemiology in Health Sciences
- HMA3701 – Financial Management in Health Services
- HMA3702 – Quality in Health Services Management
- HMA3703 – Leadership in Health Services Management
- HMA3704 – Contemporary issues in Health Services Management
- HSE3701 – Cultural Diverse Education in Health Sciences
- HSE3702 – Contemporary Trends in Health Sciences Education
- HSE3703 – Developing Health Science Curricula: Foundations
- HSE3704 – Developing Health Science Curricula: Principles and Process
- HSE3705 – The Caring Ethic in Health Sciences
These are the nursing courses at UNISA that you can study under the UNISA Bachelor of Arts in Nursing Science.
UNISA Bachelor of Arts In Nursing Science Qualification
|Qualification Stream||Health Services Management, Education and Community Health|
|Qualification code||0216X – HSM|
How To Choose UNISA Nursing Courses Modules
When choosing your nursing courses modules, there are two important things you must consider which are co-requisite and pre-requisite modules.
Co-Requisite: UNISA Nursing Module A is a co-requisite for Module B. This means, that Module A is compulsory.
So, if you want to register for Module B, you must register for both Module A and B simultaneously.
Also, you cannot cancel your registration for Module A unless Module B is also canceled.
Pre-Requisite: Here, if Module A is a pre-requisite for Module B, you must pass Module A before you can register for Module B.
Can I Study Nursing At UNISA With Matric?
Yes, you can apply for nursing at the University of South Africa with a matric certificate.
If you hold matric final results (Grade 12), you can apply for nursing at the University of South Africa.
How Many Modules Can I Register For UNISA Nursing?
You can register for 60 credits per semester or 120 credits per academic year.
Again, you’re not allowed to register more than the maximum allowed maximum credits/modules per academic year.
Also, the number of maximum credits does not include the supplementary and or/ aegrotat examination from a previous semester.
Can I Study Nursing At UNISA With NQF Level 6?
Yes, you qualify to study Nursing at UNISA with NQF Level 6 certificate.
So, if you hold an NQF Level 6, you can get the admission space to study nursing at the University of South Africa.
How Many APS/AS Do I Need To Study Nursing At UNISA?
You’ll need 20 APS/AS to study nursing at the University of South Africa.
How Many Credits Do I Need To Study Nursing At UNISA?
You’ll need at least a total credits of 60 per semester and 120 credits per academic year to qualify for the program in order to study nursing courses at UNISA,
We do recommend that you read UNISA Short Courses to know all the short courses at the University of South Africa.
How Do I Apply For Nursing At UNISA?
You will have to apply online for study admission space to read nursing at UNISA. You should read How To Apply For Nursing At UNISA for the complete application guide.
We do hope this article on UNISA Nursing Courses was helpful.
You can ask your question in the comment.